For every woman out there over age 40 who knows that beauty comes from within, but who also wants to look the best you can, this article is for you. We’ve redefined skincare. The words “antiaging” and “younger” have been banished to a beauty-marketing black hole. We’re no longer suckers for every so-called breakthrough brand. Instead, we just aim to look healthy. Remember these tips and put them to use before you turn 40!
Use the Right Cleansers and Moisturizers
It’s very important to choose cleansers, moisturizers, and a skincare routine formulated for your skin type. If you have oily skin, consider yourself lucky. You may have also noticed the older you get, the drier your skin becomes. As we age, our skin suffers a slowdown in oil production and cell turnover, especially after menopause. The cleanser should never leave skin feeling tight, greasy, sticky, or dry. That’s where we often slip up, and it affects the efficacy of all your skin-care products and makeup. Select a cleanser that makes your skin feel soft, supple, and clean. Gentle cleansers are better for light to cleanse and for those who wear minimal makeup or have sensitive skin. Try Natural Replenishing Cleansing Gel with Aloe Vera For Deeply Cleaned and Restored Skin by Swiss Power.
What to Do if Your Skin is Dry
To keep dry skin in the best condition possible, it’s important to cleanse with proper products that won’t zap skin of moisture. You also have to exfoliate. Most importantly, you’ll need to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day.
Here are some tips to keep your face from drying out:
1. Don’t use hot water. This only strips your skin of oils.
2. Use a gentle cleanser formulated for dry skin.
3. Thick, moisturising creams and oils will help lock moisture in. Always apply at night and in the morning under your makeup.
4. Consider investing in a product containing hyaluronic acid, which is one of the hottest trends in skincare right now. Hyaluronic acid is a serum of The Best Anti-Aging Serums that helps the skin absorb and hold onto moisture. It effectively plumps up the skin. (Try Regenerative Body Cream with Hyaluron to Deeply Moisturize and Plump your Skin by Swiss Power).
5. Exfoliate on a weekly basis. If you have dry skin, you likely have flaky skin, so you should exfoliate once or twice a week.
Wear Sunscreen Every Day
If there is one beauty rule I’d tell my 15-year-old self it’s to wear decent sunscreen every day. Nothing damages your skin more than exposure to the sun. It’s the number one cause of brown spots, wrinkles, and skin cancer
Three things to remember once you’ve found the right a sunscreen:
1. You should wear it rain or shine. UV rays break through cloud cover and it’s
important to make a habit of using sunscreen daily.
2. Reapply throughout the day.
3. Slather some on top of your hands.
Do Eye Creams Work?
The first signs of aging are usually around the eyes. The skin around your eyes is very thin and will only get thinner as you age. Good eye cream is Regenerative Face & Under Eye Revitalizing Serum Concentrate with Powerful Key Ingredients. You can use this eye cream as a face cream as well, it’s like a two-in-one!
Is it working?
That’s really all we want to know for sure. You didn’t get wrinkles, dry skin, discolorations, and dull skin overnight, so give your skin products a chance to do their stuff. Expect weeks of use before you begin to see a change. The only immediate difference will be in how easily a product is absorbed or how it feels on your face. Giving up too soon (unless, of course, you are experiencing signs of irritation or breakouts) is what beauty marketers count on. Read the packaging and the ingredient listing. Make sure what your buying will work for you! At swiss Power we only use the best of ingredients, so you can see results.